Category: Tax Credits and Financing
The following incentives are offered to investors for putting their capital to work in qualified opportunity zones. Click here to see the qualified areas in Reno County.
- Temporary capital gain tax deferral
- The period of capital gain tax deferral ends on 12/31/26 or an earlier sale
- A step-up in basis
- Investment held for five years – basis increased by 10% of deferred gain (90% taxed)
- Investment held for seven years – basis increased by another 5% of deferred gain (85% taxed)
- Forgiveness of additional gains
- Investment held for 10 years – basis equal to fair market value; forgiveness of gains on appreciation of investment of sale or exchange of Opportunity Fund investement. This exclusion applies only to gains accured after an investment in an Opportunity Fund.